Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunrise

I woke up early (5 o'clock) Tuesday morning to hike about a mile from Dog Lake to Reynolds Peak (both located in Big Cottonwood Canyon Utah) for a gorgeous sunrise. And a gorgeous sunrise I got! It was really interesting because an uber-backpacker camped next to me Monday night and we talked for a while and it turns out he has hiked almost every peak in the Wasatch Mountains. He has also put a register on top of Reynolds so after you have climbed the peak, you can sign the register. I flipped through the pages reading everyone's story. Sometimes there was just one name and sometimes there were a dozen!

Dog Lake is a unique lake. I camped there the first night (Monday night) and it is watershed. So this lake goes to a purifier then to houses throughout the Salt Lake Valley. So there are signs all across the lake that say: NO SWIMMING and NO DOGS. No dogs at Dog Lake? How ironic I thought. But was utterly surprised as I went down to the lake that night to snap some photos. I looked across the lake and there was a dozen dogs splashing in the water.

Enjoy. Thanks for reading.

Avery







1 comment:

  1. Great moments captured in the sunsets. I especially like the photo of the photo (hands and camera).

    ReplyDelete