Monday, August 10, 2009

Something New




I wanted to try something new today. The first thing that popped into my mind is an unfocused picture. I have seen some remarkable images that have no focus. My attempts failed with flying colors, after an hour or so of unfocused failure, I accidently got two solid pictures (the bottom two.) And it had nothing to do with the focus (or lack of), it just had to do with the lighting. I like how the sun streaks appeared...I'm not sure what I did to make it look like this, but I like it.

Then I tried to do a long exposure with a pose. I wanted to do some self portraits, but I couldn't find the timer on my camera. But I did enjoy taking some portraits.

Last night I was thinking about what my favorite subject is when taking pictures. I enjoy minimalism quite a bit and love seeing how something so small can say something so big. Anyways, I went on a very small, yet very pretty hike today. Hopefully I'll go up there later this week with my camera.

Avery


1 comment:

  1. I agree and I agree. I agree that minimalism is appealing and some of you best work. I also agree that today's experiment didn't turn out the best. But congrats for having the courage to post it anyway. Can't always hit a home run. Keep grinding it out.

    ReplyDelete