Friday, September 18, 2009

FiveFingers: Barely Shod Barefooting


So as I mentioned in the previous post, I'm experimenting with bare foot running, having recently read the best seller "Born to Run." I did the first mile bare foot on the treadmill. Feet felt great minus the blister I got on the big toe of my right foot.

Next, I tried a pair of Vibram FiveFinger KSO like those above. It was a little odd getting into the "shoe" (little piggies didn't want to cooperate), but I got it done. Ran last night at at park on a mixture of grass and paved trail. Other than a little strain on my calves this morning, my legs feel great. One problem: there is a barely noticeable seam where the Vibram sole connects to the upper fabric. I got a small (but very painful) blister on the instep of my left foot. As I've googled around the web to read of others' experience with the shoe, I've found its fairly typical to have blisters as your feet try to get acclimated to the wear and tear of wearing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment